What's new at DZP?
Domański Zakrzewski Palinka has advised Wielton SA, the largest Polish and one of the foremost European manufacturers of trailers and semi-trailers, on the purchase of 65.31% of shares in the French trailer market leader, Fruehauf. The agreement provides for an option to purchase the remaining 34.69% of shares at the end of 2017.
The purchase gives the Wielton group the opportunity to become the third largest European trailer manufacturer with turnover of more than EUR 250 million.
DZP advised Wielton S.A. on all Polish law aspects of the transaction and co-ordinated the steps taken by the French legal adviser.
DZP lawyers who advised the client were Robert Niczyporuk, Bartosz Marcinkowski, Przemysław Furmaga and Adam Pawlisz (transaction advice) and Krzysztof Strzęboszewski and Tomasz Kalicki (transaction financing structure advisers).
From 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies in Poland and other European Union countries. We would therefore like to give you several details on the subject of how DZP processes personal data.
The administrator of the personal data is Domański Zakrzewski Palinka Sp.k. (“DZP”; address: Rondo ONZ 1, 00-124 Warszawa). Data are processed for contact purposes and to impart information on changes to provisions and authority practices and on other issues, including events concerning day-to-day legal, economic and cultural issues, inter alia, by sending DZP newsletters. The above is carried out on the basis of legitimate interests, i.e. in accordance with art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. Data can also be processed where necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract and for compliance with a legal obligation to which DZP is subject, i.e. pursuant to art. 6(1)(b) and (c) of the GDPR. Data can be transferred to entities with whose help DZP achieves the indicated aims, including entities maintaining IT infrastructure. Giving data is voluntary and in contractual relations is a requirement for concluding and performing a contract. It is possible to object to data processing, request access to, rectification and erasure of personal data or restriction of processing and data portability. Data are kept until an objection is made, and in contractual relations – throughout the term of the contract and thereafter for a period specified in provisions on archiving and limitations period for claims. Anyone has the right to file a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office. Questions concerning privacy at DZP can be sent to DZP’s Data Protection Inspector, Macieja Maciejewskiego, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New rules on cookies: Domański Zakrzewski Palinka sp.k., as the service provider of the www.dzp.pl website, stores and accesses cookies, i.e. small text information fles sent by a web server and stored on your hard drive, or other data storage medium of a user, for the purposes of: proper functioning of the www.dzp.pl website, confguring the www.dzp.pl website, security and reliability of the www.dzp.pl website, session monitoring, providing advertisements, personalization of the displayed information to the user, or analysis, statistics, research and website trafc auditing.